Health Promotion Agency
University of Otago
Statistics New Zealand
- IDI homepage
- IDI data set list, many including data dictionaries
- IDI resources for users
- IDI privacy impact assessments
- Datalab microdata output guide
- Understanding current practice and systems for analysis of integrated data in the Stats NZ Data Lab
Ministry of Health
- W3 Schools: SQL tutorial and references
- Stack Overflow: searchable Q&A for coders of R, SAS, SQL, Stata, and more
Maori Data Sovereignty
Social Investment Agency publications
- Are we making a difference in the lives of New Zealanders – how will we know?
- Measuring the wellbeing impacts of public policy: social housing
Teng A. Healthier Lives ISAP Review: VHIN & Capitalising on Health Data. Presentation at the University of Otago, Wellington, February 2018.
Teng A. Virtual Health Information Network. Presentation at the University of Otago, November 2017.
Teng A, Blakely T, Ivory V, Kingham S, Cameron V. Impact of Canterbury Earthquake Damage on Cardiovascular Disease. Presentation at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the New Zealand College of Public Health Medicine, September 2017.
Teng A, Disney D, Brewer N, Atkinson J, Blakely T. Healthier Lives: VHIN Capitalising on health data presentation at the University of Otago, Wellington, April 2017.
Gibb S. Virtual Health Information Network – Initial findings and lessons learned from the catalyst projects (video). Presentation at University of Otago, Wellington, August 2016 [Copy of the PowerPoint slides]
Milne B. The Integrated Data Infrastructure (IDI): New Zealand’s Bold Data Experiment. Presentation at COMPASS Seminar Series, University of Auckland, 3 June 2016.
Milne B. Virtual Health Information Network – Helping NZ Health Researchers since 2016. February 2016
Ross S. Ministry of Health – Is ‘Big Data’ the new epidemiology? September 2015